Thursday, October 21, 2010

Could he be narcissistic or have a personality disorder or is he just an a******e?

my fiancee left me when i was 6 months pregnant last year, im still trying to process all the grief and the shock as it has and still is very tough, i want some answers to his behaviour as i still feel so foolish to have even been with this man but his behaviour looking back and at the time was so erratic, our baby was planned plus he wanted to marry me, 2 weeks before he left me he loved me more than anything in teh whole world! when he left tho he was horrible and cruel beyond belief, took the car from me as quote ive got legs and told me how grateful i should be that i had a roof over my head and that i wasnt going to bring my child up in a hostel (even tho i paid the mortgage), as i begged him not to go he told me he had not an ounce of feeling in his body for me and that i was a wreck! he also never had any compassion or showed much consideration to me. when i showed him the scan photo of our baby he said it was nothing but a lump of sperm! yet the next day he said im so happy that u r haveing a baby and i love you so much!! this is why im so confused i just feel that he has completely and utterly messed with my head and i keep trying to find answers to this. i am or was! a completely normal girl who has come from a lovely family and i cant work this out. do you think there could be something wrong with him? plus when he left he left for a woman 14 years older than me who owns a lovely property and has plenty of money and has moved in with her, doesnt see his son, occasionally texts to ask how he is i fact im still waiting for a pack of nappies he promised to buy 6months ago!! yet the man is such a hard worker, work work work not one bit lazy. also before he left he wanted to sell our house and move into a rented property that was rundown in the middle of nowehere as he said he wasnt happy in our house anymore-why would u want to move from a property u owned to a rented house that was like a shack?? when i said i wouldnt go he left and said im moving there without u then? any ideas on this? do u think he'll be nicer to her, was it cos i didnt have enough money or material things?Could he be narcissistic or have a personality disorder or is he just an a******e?
It def sounds like a personality disorder. Especially if you can look back on your relationship and remember many times he treated you without compassion. Many type B personality disorders act erratic and lack compassion. You my have nailed it with your guess of Narcissistic personality disorder. He fits the bill. I was with someone with Borderline Personality Disorder. I actually didnt know about the disorder until i started to do research bc something was just not right. Its very sad really. I often wonder what it would be like if there was no disorder to constantly get in the way of what would've been a loving relationship. If he really does have NPD or one of the other cluster B disorders, you Truly are better off. Personality disorders are extremely hard to treat and while you are sad and confused now, its nothing compared to the life sentence of chaos living with a NPD. I just went thru (and still going thru) trying to make sense of my relationship so if you have any questions or would like to share anything, plz feel free to email me. It will get better tho. After a time, you will be happy to be free of him and you and your son will be better off. Good Luck and when you find yourself dwelling on making sense of the past try to remember all the good things in life that are all around you.Could he be narcissistic or have a personality disorder or is he just an a******e?
Sorry you had to go thru all that...but apart from the fact his mind seems like it's all over the shop...I think it sounds like he thinks he's hit the jackpot...he probably doesn't love this woman...he's playing games all round by the sounds of it and you're better off without all that in your life...don't be surprised though if he comes back begging for your forgiveness and asking to come back...because it will not work with this other woman and you and your son are the only stable things he had in his life before he took off...just move on sweetie, you'll be fine.
I'm totally frustrated when seeing questions like this.

OK girl, straighten your priorities - baby boy first!

Is he fed ? diapers enough? food on your table?

Whatever there has been between you two, there is a third one now. And as far as I understand You are the one taking care of this baby. So my question to you is - is he paying you child support?

If not, get that thing corrected. It's his baby and he has to take responsibility.

Other - get finally rid of his presence in your life! change your phone number (he never was and never will be a father to this child -but it still doesn't exclude him from his responsibilities).

I know, no much help in this, but he sounds like a total jerk. So, Just pay attention to yourself, go out, meet someone worthy.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment