Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Do I Keep The Love of My Life From Leaving?

I have been with my man just over two years. We're in our 20's and had plans of marriage in the near future. The past 4 months or so, our relationship has been a little rocky. He broke up with me last week...and it took that to make me see that the main problem was me and my actions. I can''t lose him because I want to spend forever with him. I have talked to him in person, admitted all my faults, cried, said sorry a million times, wrote him a long letter, you name it. He says we can go out for valentines because he feels like ';he owes me that...but that I shouldn't expect us to get back together because it's not going to happen';. I'm so desperate and scared because he means so much to me and no matter what I say or do, he's not budging. How can I make him believe I have learned so much and will never hurt him. I just need an opportunity to show it and there is nothing I haven't said...What can I do? Please Help. :( Tomorrow on V-Day I'm going to show him a great time...But I need a chance...How Do I Keep The Love of My Life From Leaving?
All you can do is act like yourself and tell him how much he means to you, but don't expect anything in return. You cannot control him, if he doesn't want you then he doesn't want you. There is a certain time where you just need to move on and find someone else.How Do I Keep The Love of My Life From Leaving?
lock him up in your basement.
Instead of crying and apologizing, try to have an honest conversation with him. Discuss the relationship, good and bad. Talk about what went wrong and why, and how to fix it. Ask him how he feels about you and why he says ';it's not going to happen';. Suggest a fresh start. Maybe he's scared to jump back into a relationship with you to find that everything is exactly the same as it was. Try just dating again for a while and having fun, then see where it goes from there. Don't just take the blame for everything and apologize. Explain to him why you acted the way you did. Don't be afraid to show him his faults too, but not in a condescending manner. Tomorrow will be a great day for a good long talk over dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment