Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to let go of the man you're still in love with if you're having his baby?

After being together for 5 1/2 years he told me he didn't love me the same way anymore when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant. Needless to say, I was devastated. I completely loss the excitement about my pregnancy; I just couldn't laugh anymore. Now, I'm a little bit more calmed but I still cry for him everyday... as much as I hate to admit it! He's offered his economical support and says he will be there when our baby girl is born. But it is still SO painful every time I see him! I always keep my cool in front of him but immediately break down as soon as he leaves. I don't think he's seeing anybody special, but I'm sure he's talking to more than one girl on the phone. I still love him but I won't beg him to love me back, although I wish he was still a part of my life. How do you get over the man you love when his child is growing inside you? How do you let go of the hope that he'll come around?How to let go of the man you're still in love with if you're having his baby?
Why would you consider him worth it ?



If he did not feel the same way, why did he feel it was in anyone but his own best interest to add such drama when you are carrying his child?

Is this pregnancy a result of you trying to keep him after you were starting to see him slip away ?

Planned parenthood means both parties are committed. We live in a time when pregnancy and abandonment should be a rare thing.

We are educated in preventing pregnancy and the resources are available. Unfortunately it still happens too often and I see it as it looks to many now... was this really an accident ?

I do not see you as a victim although I do have some compassion for anyone that feels love for someone and it is not returned. I do have more compassion for the unborn child that is coming into the world without a set of parents that are a full team... Single parenthood is tough and even if the financial problems are solved, there is still much to be said of a couple doing parenting together. What is done is done and now the future of the child is the most important thing.

How to let go of the man you're still in love with if you're having his baby?
You need to get more into the excitement of having your baby girl. Perhaps all you ever will get from him is monetary support from him, so you need to really get yourself to admit that he is probably ';gone'; to you. If he does come around to see the baby, like he said he would do, perhaps that will change the way he feels, but I wouldn't give myself any false hopes. Hopefully he will fall back in love with both of you and want to be with both of you, but like I said, don't give yourself hopes that may not happen.
  • possible to see spouse
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment