Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ladies how do you keep from ';settling'; for a man when the pickings are VERY slim?

I feel like that has happened to me. I have a lot to offer on many counts but I'm never lucky when it comes to men or love. I always get a raw deal. So anyway, I was celibate for some years and that's really hard to do. But I figured it was the best thing I could do for myself.



Well, I couldn't hold out in celibacy any longer and it's not like there are any boyfriend prospects for me. So I got involved with this jerk that I know. I basically had sex with him which was my intention. The only thing he has going for him is his physical attractiveness and his employment. Other than that, he is the biggest azzhole. He is not any type of boyfriend material.



I miss having the presence of a man around so I'm kind of tolerating him on some levels (physically speaking). I know this will have an ugly ending. I just feel it in my blood. I'm sure he sees me as some type of booty call as well even though he pretends like he likes me. (He says this but his actions don't show it) He is basically a liar.



He has no decency and I feel like I have stooped to the ultimate low by even messing with him. I don't know what to do but it's hard to be alone like this. Can anyone relate to anything I'm saying or offer constructive advice?Ladies how do you keep from ';settling'; for a man when the pickings are VERY slim?
Yep I did settle - just for sex. After years of celibacy, I figured why not give it another try. Same reasons. I was glad when he went back to Jamaica. Great sex tho. OMG! I hope not!Ladies how do you keep from ';settling'; for a man when the pickings are VERY slim?
just find the person that makes you feel special and thats pretty easy...
I never settled. I waited till i was 18 to get my first kiss and am now im in a two year relationship, my first relationship ever and his first relationship also. It's not about changing someone, you have to accept people for who they are. Maybe you are just looking in all the wrong places. Looking itself, can set you up for failure. Dont worry about it so much. If something is meant to happen it will. You should NEVER lower your standards just because you are feeling lonely or insecure. You'll regret it in the long run. Just try to look good and feel good about yourself.
Maybe you just think the pickings are slim, because your looking more on the outside than just the actual person. Don't settle for someone your not attracted to, but don't just get attracted to what you ';think'; is your type. You can get a guy that treats you good, and can make you laugh, even if he isn't the most handsome guy ever!



(and by the way.. if he makes you laugh, and treats you good, you WILL think he is the most handsome guy ever...)
Ditch that loser. Seriously you do not have to settle. I don't know why women think they have to settle or just put themselves in bad relationships just to have someone. I would rather be single then be with a d-bag. If you fell like you have stooped to an ultimate low then thats definitely saying something. I relate to you and never thought I would find anyone that didn't turn out to be a liar,cheater,loser or just a plain azzhole. I just embraced being single and independent and I met my boyfriend( of 3 yrs) who is def everything I ever wanted.
I don't really understand how you can be okay with getting with a man who is obviously not worthy.

Stop seeing him as of now! You must not be giving yourself enough credit to be able to find somebody that is interesting and interested. Do something. There are many ways to meet a worthy man. Get out there and stop settling! You are wasting your time on a loser while a great man could be walking right past you. Network, network, network!





***You're only 26? What??!?! Please get out of this relationship and let yourself be open to meeting a real man who has genuine interest in you! You've really got to get over the being alone aspect of it all. Do you have friends? Do you go out? Do you go to church or other activities that will allow socialibility? If you don't, then start!
keep looking.. you will find Mr. Right, just write down what you want in a man, like: no smoking, no drinking, no jerks someone that is going to love you more than you love him, etc. but keep it in mind. so when you meet guys you know what you want.
wow I literally just got out of the same situation, basically i fell for him more as her became more of a prick....probably psychologically thinking i could change him when he saw how good i was to him...WRONG. yeah not so much i spent two years with him and i wasted soooooooo many opportunities. damn. stay single and play till u find ';him'; its worth it!
Being celibate isn't that difficult if it means something to you. I've been celibate for 15 years...mostly due to health reason, mostly due to no one being in my life right now.



There are good guys out there...usually when you aren't looking for him. Don't settle. I'm not. Respect yourself and your body. If you can't handle having a man around, then you need to get that self respect and learn how to like yourself and have confidence. Maybe that is why you aren't getting a ';good'; guy.



Right now, you are basically selling yourself to anyone who will have you. Do you really want that for yourself??? PLease....get away from the guy, be by yourself, get to know what you want, get out there and do activities and things you enjoy, make new friends....become a happier more confident person who thinks they are worth more.



Hang on....and you're 26? Honey, you haven't even lived yet. And yes it si easy to wait for the right one to come into your life. Why are you in such a rush? Have some self control, geez.
I've been married for almost 10 years and from what i've learned is that it was probably best to really get to know a person before having any type of sexual relations. I mean really get to know him. Become friends hang out together, does this person have any goals? what is this person going to do with his life? What you need to do is establish yourself get an education and a good paying job. Save money!!!! Be self sufficiant don't need anyone!!!! Most likely if you do this you will most likely find a MAN who is trying to do the same and is on the same path as you. DO NOT find a man at the bar!!!! When you least expect it you will find the right one, when the time is right. Sex is good but it is better when you are with the right person. If you can not hold out then find someone just for a booty call tell that person he is just a booty call and get that booty call and at the same time continue to try to find the right person.

No comments:

Post a Comment