Friday, November 19, 2010

How do i become a stronger person mentally?

All my life, I would consider myself a leader, never a follower. I was never the type in hs to get persuaded into drugs, alcohol or any other peer pressures, but at the age of 22 I do not feel mentally strong. What I am referring to specifically is how people treat me. I have had friends or co-workers talk negatively to ME about my family members or even my significant other. It is as if they sense they can get away with this and will verbally say things to my face.



I am the type who keeps my love life private and I have never introduced my boyfriend to any friends. I don't know whether I am afraid of being judge but my boyfriend is a good man. He is very loving caring, and extremely ambitious but for some reason people always judge people in my life.



Like for exp. my older friend (who is more like a mother bc she is in her 40's) never even met him and judges him bc he was white! She has nothing positive to say bc as far as she is concerned he is using me. Thing is that my bf has proposed to me so I highly doubt this.



Why do you think friends/associates will openly criticize me or say negative things to my face. I am 22 and i want this cycle to end. I want to be able to introduce my bf or family to others w/o them being negative about it.



What could i be doing wrong.



I also have a feeling that people are overly nosy so i attempt to keep my private life under wraps. Is this wrong, could i be overly paranoid?How do i become a stronger person mentally?
';The only way I can feel up, is if I put others down.'; - A common thought of an insecure ego.



If your content with yourself, and don't think people are being helpful, just accept yourself for who you are, and then you can either 1) ignore 2) tell them you don't want to hear it anymore as nicely as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment