Sunday, November 21, 2010

The man I am in love with is halfway across the world. =(?

It's a long story, but, I used to live next door to him. When I was 14 I moved 1000 miles away due to a terrible living and schooling situation. We had known each other since I was twelve so it had been 2 years that we were friends at that point in time and we kept in touch after I moved. Well, we've always been unavailable to each other because of our situations. I had a Bf when I lived next to him or he had a GF and even if we weren't taken by someone else he is older than me (I'm 18 he is 27{tomorrow}) and when I was 12-14 is was quite illegal for us to be together. Anyway, we are both available right now and I am so in love with him and he says he loves me, but he still lives in another state. He just got a job in his state and can't pass it up until the 5 month contract runs out. And I am in school in my state and have my own very important Job. I promised I would never go back to my home state because of the terrible people I grew up around and the lack of opportunity. He wants to go to school in my state because it is the top of the line school for his chosen major but the school I want to go to is still 4 hours away from him. I chose the school I did because it is close to my parents. However there is a school about 6 miles from his that I wouldn't mind going to because it has really great programs. But it's four hours away from my parents and I don't really want to be that far away from them.

Anyway, my question is, should I move four hours away to be with the man I believe I am destined for or should I stay in my current town and just carry out my plans to stay with my parents?

Also, my (step) mom has bad blood between people (When I say people, I mean EVERYONE) from my previous state and she wants me to get involved with a decent person from our area. Someone with goals and ambitions. Point blank, like most parents she wants me to marry a doctor or a lawyer or something professional like that. This guy wants to be a game designer and move to California to work with Blizzard entertainment and I believe he can do it. He already has his AA and he is super smart, he has just had terrible luck and wasn鈥檛 able to get the rest of his education. Well, she is going to be super upset when I tell her I have been in contact with someone from my state for the past few years and she is going to be upset about a lot of other things, but I think that once she gets to know him she will see that he is very respectable and a great person. I just don鈥檛 know how to tell her. Most of the guys I have dated I never wanted to bring home for them to meet, but I want her to meet him asap. He will be here while they are out of town this upcoming week and he has to go back before they get home. Do you think it is a good decision to tell her about him several months before he comes again or do you think I should wait until sooner?



Thanks for reading all this. I hope you can help me. 10 pts for best answer!The man I am in love with is halfway across the world. =(?
I think you should just try to find someone your own age to get your mind off of him. I know it's not what you want to hear but long distant relationships are really hard. You never see the person, you're always wondering if they are with someone else, you fight a lot because of the distance. Just isn't worth it for you at such a young age. You have your whole life to be tied down to one guy. Why make it with a guy that you can never see?

No comments:

Post a Comment