Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My boyfriend is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do?

';When I move in I am going to steal your hot new dresser component'; my boyfriend said to me last night on the phone. He was joking, I was telling him about this hot new dresser I just bought earlier that day at Target. I told him to go ahead and steal it if he wanted to get beat up.



We are both in our early 20's, we met in college, graduated together and started dating shortly after. We have been dating exclusively for 2 years now. I want him to move in with me, he wants to also, but there is something keeping him and I'm not sure what it is or what I can do to accelerate the moving in process. He tells me he needs a better job in the city, right now he's living at home with mommy and daddy delivering pizzas 4 nights a week. He lives about 2 hours away but still manages to come into the city (usually twice a week) to hang out. I feel like if he were seriously in love with me he would do anything to be with me on the regular, like he would feel motivated to get a real job and get his act together. (I think he may have some form of social anxiety that's preventing him from getting a real job, he's super smart and has his degree).



After reading books like ';He's Just Not That Into You'; and ';Why Men Love Bitches'; and ';Attracting and Keeping the Man of Your Dreams'; I feel like he's not living up to what he should be doing if he was really in love with me. I want to start building a life together, we are currently planning a vacation together to the pacific northwest, we have goals and dreams. I don't know why I keep going home to an empty apartment everyday and wishing for a live in companion. I know I am not supposed to be clingy and talk about it, I know the rules, I've read them all, I abide by them for the most part.



What should I do? I feel like there is really nothing I can do, like its far beyond my control, I don't want to offer ultimatums or threaten to leave or anything like that, but I don't want to keep waiting around for him to move in. I feel like I am living my life in angst and part of me is angry with him for leading me on and not giving me a definitive time line or move in date. It upsets me knowing that he feels like its no big deal to keep me waiting around, after I tell him ';I would like to move in'; and ';when are you moving in?'; He thinks its ok to shrug his shoulders and say ';soon.'; When I ask him what soon means, he gets really frustrated and shuts down.



How should I deal with this? Have any of you experienced something like this? What did you do?My boyfriend is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do?
be patient and give him time to get his act together and making the right decision about moving in with you and the rest of itMy boyfriend is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do?
hey guess wut love, i have 700 points
Leave him
- Well good thing about your boyfriend is ... he is not one of those coprporate world's jerk boyfriend who is very rich and has strippers calling him or ....him calling strippers behind your back .. sometimes being TOO rich ...too outthere... too coporate centered person can make a guy tempted to keep making more and more money ... and corrupt his mind.



- now another good thing is ...at least he visits you every now and then ....



- point is .... him being who he is rightnow ..and how he lives his life rightnow ...makes him who he is .... his current life-style is what makes him the kind of personality that he has.... HE JUST NEED TO LEARN TO KEEP THAT PERSONALITY BUT GROW as A PERSON by Becoming more responsible.....



- I dont know how many times do u mention to him about moving in or being with you ....or stuff like that .. but you might want to confirm what's in his mind ...



is engagement / marriage or long-term relation in his mind ( or even in yours )



- IF YOU WERE TWO WERE MARRIED ... AND IF HE ASKED YOU TO MOVE WITH HIS PARENTS ...WOULD you ???? [ this is just a random question i want you to think about - not very relavent to the one you are asking ]



anyways. ..



i could change this question around a little bit and send him an EMAIL - if you want me to do that ...



or u can send an anynoums email to your own boyfriend ... notfilying some of these things yourself ....



or you could TELL some of these things to him face to face ...but give him some time and space .... after that u can just decide.
hes taking you for granted..i can really understand ur situation what it is to wait for someone.. my suggestion wud b move on leave him if u can,,,bcz hes not valuing ur effort..hes not putting in same effort from his side to keep up this relation..

atleast hes working if not big shot ..he can easily move in with u...i dont see any reason of not moving in..
You need to ask him point blank, are you ever going to move in with me?



Throw him off guard. Honestly, not to offend you, but you sound like the really pushy type that guys don't usually like. Especially making fun of him by saying he lives with ';mommy'; and ';daddy';.You should never base your relationship off of a book. Everybody's relationship is different, a book can't decide what is right you for you. You have to decide what is right for you and him.



Just because he is in his twenties doesn't mean he is ready to move out.



I think you need to ask yourself if this is the guy for you or if what you really want is someone to come home to every night. Maybe there is someone out there that is better for you than this guy. If not, then you have to give him time to figure out what he wants and what he is going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment