Sunday, November 21, 2010

Would you marry someone with HIV?

This is a serious question. I am in love with a man that recently discovered he's HIV positive. He actually doesn't know how much I love him because I have always just kept my love for him inside. However, I am seriously considering letting him know how I feel. I can't help it that I love him and I can't imagine my life without him--he is such a wonderful man. Just in case you're wondering, I do not have HIV.



I know that the decision is only mine to make, but I just need some feeback. If anyone out there knows what I'm going through, I would appreciate some sound advice. Thank you so much!Would you marry someone with HIV?
True love is true love, and HIV has no power to limit it, I think. I wish the best happiness for the both of you; your friend is very lucky to have someone as understanding as you in his life.



This is a very touching question and I wish there were more people like you in the world, my dear.



((((((Sunshine))))))Would you marry someone with HIV?
You have to consider that if you were to get pregnant the baby is likely to have HIV also. It's a very hard desicion but personally I would feel horrible about ruining an innocent childs life.

Report Abuse


i am also with someone who has HIV. we are togetheg 3 yrs now and he only found out last yr he had it. we never had sex so i dont have it. but i still love him. we are both confused what to do cuz our family are against it. i understand what u r going through

Report Abuse


I think when we really love someone even if that person has a terminal disease whether this be HIV, cancer or any other serious illness, we stay with that person. We can still express love in ways that are not dangerous to our own health : such as hugging and kissing, taking hand, holding tight;;

Report Abuse


I think that you should be with the person you love. No matter what. There are a lot of precautions you can take to not get HIV. You should wait a very long time before becoming sexual so you can be 100% sure that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. HIV is not necessarily a death sentence. More people die of cancer in the USA than they do of HIV and AIDS.



The problem is this. You have not told this person how you feel. What if he doesn't feel the same? That's okay, too. You can be platonic friends.



I think that regardless of whether you two become sexual or not, it is never, ever, ever wrong to share your love, compassion and understanding.



I wish you happiness in whatever you decide.
That's a loaded question. If my fiance had HIV, I would still be willing to marry him. I suggest asking your doctor about what precautions you would have to take in your life with him, regarding sex and children if you'd want them. I understand that its a different situation, but my uncle is married to someone with HIV, and they've been together for over 20 years. They have made it work, and I know with love, realism, and dedication, you could too. Good luck!
If you truly loved him you wouldn't have to second guess yourself. If I loved anyone the way I felt the first time I fell in love then the answer to your question is yes.
There is no way in H_ll!

Are you crazy!



Take a LOOONG break from your relationship; if you both don't change your mind, well, you still crazy.



Sorry for the truth.
I met a couple in college. He had contracted AIDS while doing drugs. she married him knowing full well that he had a death sentence, but she knew in her heart that he was ';the one';. I was friends with them until he died. He always used protection %26amp; practiced safe sex, to ensure that she never got the virus. She didn't, either.

Her comittment %26amp; loyalty to him moved me beyond anything I can describe. She was a woman of dignity. I have met very few women who compare.
sweetheart i think you should go for it...these days persons with hiv can live healthy long lives without passing the disease to their loved one...if you wanna think long term and you want children itis still possible for you two to have babies without the baby contracting the disease..you can even adopt



if you truly love this man then i think you should tell him how you feel...maybe he feels like there is no hope for relationships with anyone and you can change that feeling....
I would say yes. You can't help the way you really feel about somebody. If I was really in love with somebody who had the disease I would still marry him. You just have to be very careful.
If you truly love him marry him. Just be prepared for what's down the road. You should never have unprotected sex.You should be careful with any of his body secretions. He will eventually get ';AIDS'; and become sick. How soon I can't even speculate. There are more and more medications on the market for people with HIV to help prolong there lives. The issue of children will also come into play. You can't get pregnant unless you are having unprotected sex. Unprotected sex may endanger your health. Hope this isn't too deep but these things must be considered. Follow your heart but protect your life. Good luck.
I think that this is a very hard decision and only you know the answer you must look deep into your heart and ask yourself if you are ready for anything that may affect your future? If you love someone that much and you have thought about marrying them then you should do it! Talk to him and see how he feels about you. Good Luck with your decision and I hope that everything works out the way you want it to.
If you love him, then marry him. But personally, I wouldn't be able to marry someone with HIV, because if the risk alone. If the condom breaks just one time...

No comments:

Post a Comment