Sunday, November 21, 2010

1st man.. but want to keep my options open.. what should i do?

hello everyone.



before you click out of here cuz u think its too long just please read and help a sista out.=)



1st off i'd like to start out by saying that im 16 and ive rejected boys all my life that asked me out due to the fact that all guys in my skool were playas n dont know how to keep a good, long relationship going..



so the Lord gave me what i wanted freshman year of high school



...i met my boyfriend and we've been dating for 1 year n 3 months... and boy was ready to have a long relationship.. so he ended up asking me to marry him when i was 15 and he was 18 in the month of sept. 08. (keep in mind he was 17 when i met him) he's 2 years older then me,really, its just that my bday is late and his is early



so ANYWAYS i accepted cuz i was seriously in love with him. but we fought all the time about his x's and about my mom not liking him and him going to jail twice..(long story)... so i feel like our love is fading,,, and he always asked me in the beginning,, since he was my 1st bf that if i wanted to experience other guys and i said no.. i was wrong..



SOOO...



a couple weeks ago i found myself thinkin bout meeting new ppl cuz i just couldnt take the fighting, cussing, and him controlling me and not trusting me... so i was wondering...



';hmmm do i really want to be with just one man for the rest of my life?';



and i dont mean by me goin crazy with every guy that comes round ..no.. i just want to see if theres another relationship thats better out there than the one i have now. so me and him are on and off cuz I dont know what to do. i love him but i believe we're just ';incompatible soulmates'; if you will.



soo the question is.....can you please give me some advice.



..do you think i should just move on from him?

(cuz im young and need to keep my options open)



..or do you think i should just stay with him?

(cuz you only love once)...%26lt;-- idk if thats tru btw



PS.. i will read ALL answers so please tell me what you think



PSS. and i know i was (and still am) too young to get engaged so PLEASE dont lecture me about that.



thank you=)1st man.. but want to keep my options open.. what should i do?
Any time you date someone, and they try to control you, the relationship is abusive. Sometimes people mistake the controlling behaviour for concern/love, but it most certainly isn't. Controlling is often the first noticeable sign in what become physical, verbal, or emotional abuse.



Definitely move on. Date. Be particular. And ALWAYS put what you need or want from a relationship FIRST. Any relationship that doesn't fulfil those needs, really isn't worth keeping. I also suggest you learn to hold off on 'love' feelings until you get past the fluff people put out when you first start dating them. People act differently in order to get you to like them. Then, after a while, their true nature starts to show. If you've already convinced yourself that you're 'in love' it's all to easy to forgive things that will eventually cause the relationship to fail.



No doubt you're a very smart young lady. You're spelling and grammar is far better than many questions written by adult. Stay smart. Take care of you first... ALWAYS. Eventually you'll meet someone who's worthy of an intelligent, thinking, women like yourself.



Date. Protect yourself both physically and emotionally. You have the potential to have a wonderful life. Don't let some jerk spoil it for you.1st man.. but want to keep my options open.. what should i do?
Thank you for picking my answer as 'best'! I sincerely wish you all the best. The statement about your writing isn't simply flattery. You really do sound like a very intelligent young lady. Put yourself and school before men. You'll never regret it. Sounds like you've got a great deal of potential!

Report Abuse


you should never be with anyone that is abusive to you in anyway
Move on, keep your options open. If you and your bf were meant to be together, you will be some day.
well.... wow.... i think you should totally take a break. you know, try other guys and see what feelings u get out of dating them and ompare them to ur past relationship because if u are 16 and have only dated one guy ur whole life u will not no much, u need experience. so yes ill go with ur young and need to keep ur options open.
Any major decision that you make when your age ends in the word ';...teen'; is usually a mistake.



You seem to have all the other answers, so I'll just leave it at that.
Wait 4 the rite guy to com ,u really hv long way to go just hope 4 the best .u deserve smone better.
I married at 22 and it was too young.

Don't commit yourself at your young age. See the world. Get an education. Date different types of men. Figure out WHO YOU ARE before you become someone's wife. Because if you do, before you know it, you'll have children tugging on your clothes and your belly will be covered in stretch marks and you'll have a husband who doesn't notice you any more and you won't even have an identity of your own.

Please wait until you're at least 25 before giving the REST OF YOUR LIFE to another person. You only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment