Friday, November 19, 2010

I dont understand why my poems didnt get published?i submitted 5 to my schools lit mag and none got published?

heres three of them.. tell me what you HONESTLY think please and how i should take the failure of not getting it published into something as miniscule as my high schools lit magazine



Indecisive

Was alive in the Life

Encompassed by your love

Fallen on a forked roads knife

Soul forgot of what's above.



But are you?

Are you really above all

Did your whisper birth universe

Am i speaking to my bedroom wall..

Are you a pendamic to our minds lonely curse?



Does this canal i swim lead to stiller water

And is the One who molds me statue or genuine Potter

Is there anything to be expected

Or are you just thought man has erected..



Will faith alone save me

Or will it lock me in a cage

Will your son set me free

Or is he but hypocritical sage?



It seems to me that landlocked emotion

Doesn't rectify a sea of sinful devotion

And mama it don't mean a thing

For soothing words may buffer a quake

But it will never prevent death's sting





End.

This road was open for a season

Now closed on account of pain

I can only justify reason

As you alone in the rain.



But darling I'm right beside you

Feign in the thick black mist

You stood still so apart we grew

An ocean inside became the catalyst.



This lonely road got the better of you

You saved the worst for me

Two months prior I would have stayed true

Even if I knew what was waiting for me



Taken nineteen breaths

Twenty were for you

Live for you until death

My sense, I'll give you two.



I loved you in the sunlight

I'll love you in the dark

Don't care if I'm wrong or right

I'll keep love alive in this spark.



Don't tell me to wait twelve weeks

Nor even a single day

You won't see me in the peaks

If you can't persevere the gray.



I told you that you had my love

You alone opened that locked door

Sweet darling when push comes to shove

A hunger dwelt for me never more.



Tears escape where love had flowed

Alone again I'll live to erode

For never meets forever at the end of your road.

Walls

If walls could talk

I wonder what they'd say

Probably be ashamed

Of our dying day



Would they shed their skin

To show true colors thought

Or would they stand quietly

Out of windows watch us rot



Would they begin to disagree

With acceptance of egregious law

Aborted sunrise tombstone reads

Patrick, Evangeline, or Shaw



And if walls could talk

Warring borders would cry

To see both sides truth

Both mothers children die



I guess it doesnt matter

We probably wouldnt hear

Focused on lust and war

Forever recoil deafens the earI dont understand why my poems didnt get published?i submitted 5 to my schools lit mag and none got published?
Why?



We don't know, we're not your school's editor.



One possibility is length. The other would be the possibility that they were looking for some specific type of poem.



You've got something better here than probably a lot of other high schoolers are writing. Keep it up, carry your words elsewhere for more expert opinions, and keep trying to improve, constantly.I dont understand why my poems didnt get published?i submitted 5 to my schools lit mag and none got published?
personally, I didn't get past stanza one one any of it.



Try asking the editor of the lit mag this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment