Sunday, November 21, 2010

Love actually?

This is wat i feel ! but wat u feel ? share wid me !



“Love, not war, is enigmatic”

True to this day love is mysteries, unbelievable and confusing, love not war has more chronicles associated with it, yet I find that, love is not what it seems, When does a person start to love someone? Who far does love exist? How do people love? These questions haunt me and I continue to muse about it.

“I’m in love man” these were the exact words I recently heard from one of my closest friend. My immediate thought was “why am I not in love? Is it because I hate love? No, not at all. Is it because I dint get a girl or did I find to notice one? I do find a lot of girls everyday, yet I find no chemistry happening. Certainly as Mark Twain points out “Gravitation can’t be held responsible for people falling in love”, then how did my friend of mine conclude that he is love?

Is it because he was in need of one? Not the reason I agree to what is that he found in girl that he couldn’t find in others? The usual answers like compassion and support if reviewed with sense can be easily eliminated. Questions keep nagging my mind and yet I fail to figure out an answer.

One more thing nags me what is the difference between a ‘crush’ and a ‘love’? Don’t say the first one relates to physical attributes and that the next one to the heart. When does one know that he is not in crush but in love? So far all of my friends who had a crush ended up falling in love. So can crush be called as the first step towards loving a person? If so what is the next step? Does it follow SMDK (sighting, meeting, dating and kissing) rule?

We often compare and create faux pairs for our classmates and half the time these fox pairs turns into reality. Does this imply that motivation (or whatever you call it) from our own friends can create the chemistry? Can our friends be blamed for the success or failure of love? Can that mean I can create my own faux pair and turn that into reality?

Not only these, there are different phrases of lovers that I find intriguing. These can be aptly called as LACS (love, alteration of self, clash, split) these phrases can be identified in every lover’s fact file and no lover is an expectation to this set of rules.

The first stage is where the lover has successfully achieved his target lady. He finds love as Roy Croft points out ‘love is the irresistible desire to the irresistible desired’ he claims he is in love, yet the truth is that he has just begun to know that person better day by day.

The second stage is that of the alteration of the self. The lover goes through a rapid change of state from a clever fox to that of the lazy sheep. Day by day it seems as if our lover boy has made a fool of himself as Freud points out ‘the great question………which, I have not been able to answer…is, what.…Does a women want? The lover fails to understand the girl and in the mean time loses his self.

Here comes the ubiquitous third stage of love “the clash” there us no love without a clash. There are people who still argue ‘clashes are like splashes of water in the sea’ the fact is that every clash serves to highlight his partner’s weakness and ultimately he begins to rethink about his love.

The fourth stage is that of the lovers make a decision about their split. It has become hard to find a successful love pair. The lovers made a decision about their split faster than the time they took to love that person. Stranger is that fact that both are unhappy about there split and yet is apart. As Jean Anouilh quotes “love begins with a smile and ends with a teardrop” does that mean all your efforts, time spend and your emotions have been wasted in just knowing that, he/she is not the one you are looking for?

As Joan Crawford says, ‘the hottest love has the coldest end’. True isn’t it? All these stages are common to all lovers and love continues to exist and weaves its magic everywhere. Here is I ask you, if love is all about struggle and tears what’s the fun people find in it? Or do people love to boast that they have been in love?

Oops! I get the next question in my mind what about good friends turning into lovers? Are they trying to hide themselves in the name if friendship or they know they are falling in love? Or am I follow Albert Einstein’s lines, “If you judge people you have no time to love them”. Does that mean if I love I am not to care about those person’s capabilities? Does love demand knowing the person better or is it better not to know the opposite sex at all? Nothing seems satisfactory and yet love exists. The pit deepens and the mystery remains unearthed as I write this I could think of only one line by Churchill “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you”. Only these lines do coerce me to believe that there is after all a meaning that YOU is all that mattersLove actually?
I think a crush is a spontaneous feeling you have a for a person when you first see him/her,this crush could deepen %26amp;turn into love,love on the other hand (I think!) is a more deeper feeling.crushes may come %26amp; go %26amp;may be forgotten forever.but love would be like a scar,it would be remembered forvever.I think we get crushes because of person's appearance %26amp; personality.love may then later develop,but this takes time..It happens gradually.

You have quoted from many intelligent ,interesting %26amp; intellectual people,yet they have different views..so this may seem confusing,so I think if there is any person that you think you like or seem to think about more than usual..this could be a crush..but then if you seem think about a certain person the whole day or you feel you can't live withou him/her , that could be called love!

Good friends can turn into lovers it does not neccessarily have to mean that they are hiding themselves in the name of friendship coz friendship is one of the main bases of falling in love!Falling in love means caring about the person so ofcourse you have to care about their capabilties,that means you both have to be compatible ,but this should only be upto a certain limit...coz i think when you fall in love..capabilties of your lover doesn't matter much.love of course maens knowing the person better but no..not necessarily the opposite sex,but yes..knowing about the oppsite sex helps in understanding your partner's views.

YOU does matter but don't you think'; I '; matters coz without an I would there have been a YOu?Love actually?
Think of the person on the toilet # 2 and what do you think? How Cute means you love them , how Gross means you do not
I realise that I'm in love when I start losing my sleep and my wallet gets considerably lighter in a short time.
i don't have time to read your question. when you get your answer mail me
Love is simple thing that is just your expectations of ability to give all from you to whom you think he/she will giving you all.
“Love, not war, is enigmatic”

nice quote lol
congragulations its is longest question ever asked on yahoo answers.i am ur fan from today.
I Think you are right in your own way according to me love is not beginning from Crush it's a divine feeling ya! And according to KHALIL GIBRAN Friendship may end's in love but love often friendship?never.
its very short question but i will give u a very long answer : - ';I LOVE U';
L = Lack of Happyness

O = Ocean of Sorrow

V = Valley of Death

E = End of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment