Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do you keep people from hurting your daughter?

My daughter has had an off again on again relationship with this boy/man for over 8 yrs. In October she found out she had ovarian cancer. In January went under major surgery. Thus to say he was gone again, and met a new little girl. Now, she is pregnant and is smearing how much this man/boy loves her..My daughter is trying to not let this immature stuff bother her, but I know it does.. My daughter is 26 and beautiful. When will the torture stop? What do I do to protect her and her well being..How do you keep people from hurting your daughter?
The most you can do is just be there for her and show her all the love and support she needs right now. She has to be the one to make the decision to get over him, it's not something that you can do for her. Encourage her to go out with friends, to not just sit at home and wait for him to come back.



If you happen to come across another man that seems suitable for your daughter... casually introduce them. But don't go out hunting for a man either. haha



She'll get through this. And so will you. Everything happens for a reason, just keep a positive attitude and don't lose the relationship you have with her now.How do you keep people from hurting your daughter?
My mum is in the same situation as you with me, and he advice would be same as the answer above, you just have to be there for her whenever she needs and listen to her, no matter how much you want to scream how much you hate him! Just remember this time will not last forever, she's just got to get through this, and it sounds like you are doing brilliantly now for her so don't worry too much. Just be there for her!
I know what you are going through my cousin who is like my sister and my best friend is going through a similar situation. I wish that i could just take her and her baby that she has with this huge jerk and move them far far away so that she could start a new life with out the influence of this guy. They arnt together at the moment but i know they will be getting back together with in the next couple of months to ';try and work things out'; i have heard it so many times and I now know not to get my hopes up any more that they wont get back together.



Now here comes the sad part, there isnt anything that you can do, this is one of those things that has gone on so long that he is a permanent part of her life and unless you could catch him doing something illegal and get him to go to jail he will be around. This is one of those things that your daughter is going to have to figure out on her own, and i know how painful it is to sit on the side lines and watch her get hurt time and time again but she is going to have to keep getting hurt until she is so sick of it that she just cuts him off.



Sorry i know this isnt what you wanted to hear but i totally empathize with the situation, and i wish there were something that could be done.
I really feel for you Mom ! We raise our children to make the right decisions at the right times. Some times we are fortunate and problems never show their ugly heads. Then there are other times..... It seems that you have hit on... the other times.

As a parent I will never shut out my daughter. As long as she will allow me, I will be at her side to listen, and help her. But she has to learn to help herself too !

Continue to give her the love and support she has gotten from you since birth. If it comes to a financial situation ? You may just have to loosen your hold on her. Only you know the answer to that. Good luck, and may God, be with you.........always

No comments:

Post a Comment